Posts Tagged peer influence
I’ve tripped upon the Little Things Matter blog before and found its one of the most inspiring places on the planet for encouraging positive human behavior. If you want a lift, subscribe, as lots of people do. You won’t be sorry.
So of course this blog features the Harvard research that showed how our behavior is heavily influenced by the people closest to us. That can be damning news, or a part of your life that lifts you to a level you might not have reached on your own. Which would we want it to be?
And this doesn’t end with parents of children and teens who want their kids to have friends with positive influences. It’s true throughout our lives.
- What am I doing here? -- Walking a line between how the private sector and public health influence people. -- What happens when we bring the two together?
Get Posts in a Reader
More aboutadvocacy animal behavior barriers behavior-based compliance business processes challenging conventional thinking consumer advertising consumer marketing employers engineering exchange federal government formative research fun theory going upstream health promotion human nature injury prevention lightbulb moments lobbying Marketing measurable results media movies moving the needle/making a difference peer influence plans and planning policy public health relationships Rework risk perception safety culture social marketing social media social norms speeding state laws statistics stories Switch The Blind Side traffic safety Weight loss
- What does behavior change have to do with True Blood?
- Laughing Out Loud at LOL Story
- You Can’t Ignore Zombies
- The Social Animal
- Social Norms via Social Media
- Living in a Glass House
- The Problem Isn’t Just Your Government; It’s You
- Top 10 Mistakes in Behavior Change
- Wellness ‘n Whiskas ‘n an Epiphany
- True Influence for Behavior Change
- Changing men’s gift giving behavior
- Wanna have FUN?
- If a driver uses a handheld or hands-free phone while driving, say something do something - your life is on the lin… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Share if you agree "everybody just drive tonight, everybody get home tonight" - before you watch guess the 80s song! facebook.com/NatlSafetyCoun… 1 week ago
- A root cause of distracted driving is the ties to our phones. Maybe we should cut back for physical & mental health. inc.com/minda-zetlin/a… 3 weeks ago
- How to prevent distracted driving among teens? Check out this webinar on May 31: events-na1.adobeconnect.com/content/connec… 1 month ago
- The Importance of Banning Phone Use in Your Fleet automotive-fleet.com/channel/safety… #DistractedDriving via @AutomotiveFleet 1 month ago
- This Harvard professor used TV sitcoms to fight drunk driving. Can he do the same for distracted driving? wapo.st/2pfIvOy?tid=ss… 1 month ago
- Even former CIA agents trained to drive skillfully, evasively, realize they can't drive well while using a phone america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/te… 2 months ago