Posts Tagged peer influence
I’ve tripped upon the Little Things Matter blog before and found its one of the most inspiring places on the planet for encouraging positive human behavior. If you want a lift, subscribe, as lots of people do. You won’t be sorry.
So of course this blog features the Harvard research that showed how our behavior is heavily influenced by the people closest to us. That can be damning news, or a part of your life that lifts you to a level you might not have reached on your own. Which would we want it to be?
And this doesn’t end with parents of children and teens who want their kids to have friends with positive influences. It’s true throughout our lives.
- What am I doing here? -- Walking a line between how the private sector and public health influence people. -- What happens when we bring the two together?
Get Posts in a Reader
More aboutadvocacy animal behavior barriers behavior-based compliance business processes challenging conventional thinking consumer advertising consumer marketing employers engineering exchange federal government formative research fun theory going upstream health promotion human nature injury prevention lightbulb moments lobbying Marketing measurable results media movies moving the needle/making a difference peer influence plans and planning policy public health relationships Rework risk perception safety culture social marketing social media social norms speeding state laws statistics stories Switch The Blind Side traffic safety Weight loss
- What does behavior change have to do with True Blood?
- Laughing Out Loud at LOL Story
- You Can’t Ignore Zombies
- The Social Animal
- Social Norms via Social Media
- Living in a Glass House
- The Problem Isn’t Just Your Government; It’s You
- Top 10 Mistakes in Behavior Change
- Wellness ‘n Whiskas ‘n an Epiphany
- True Influence for Behavior Change
- Changing men’s gift giving behavior
- Wanna have FUN?
- RT @tarall10: Sleepy teens face a higher risk of car crashes, but later school start times can help. See how at @NSCSafety: https://t.co/GX… 6 months ago
- RT @MyCarDoesWhat: "The ability to train is critical to the outcome of all of this safety technology," experts say. #DriverSafetyTech 7 months ago
- To reduce driver confusion, need consistent alerts & names for ADAS technologies across various products & manufacturers. #DriverSafetyTech 7 months ago
- General aviation buffs, EAA is a must-see event. Too bad we're missing it this year but we can watch the shows onli… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 months ago
- If you’re seeing results of ADAS in fleets, publish data or study. We’re hearing of results & we’d like to quantify that. #driversafetytech 7 months ago
- ADAS "are driver assistance systems, not driver replacement systems." #driversafetytech Join the webcast at goo.gl/j7t1U9 7 months ago
- RT @MyCarDoesWhat: Packed room in suburban Chicago for #DriverSafetyTech conference regarding heavy-duty vehicles: "There's proven technolo… 7 months ago